Thursday, August 10, 2006

Flying turds

This story made me laugh as I am making my lake plans for the weekend:
From CNN:

WILDWOOD, Florida (AP) -- A man riding a personal watercraft was injured after a 4-foot-long sturgeon jumped out of the water and hit him, wildlife officials said.
Blake Nicholas Fessenden, 23, was heading north on the Suwannee River on Sunday when he was hit and fell off the craft, according to a statement from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Fessenden was knocked unconscious.
His girlfriend was riding another watercraft behind him and was able to get to Fessenden and hold his head above water before passengers on another vessel arrived to pull him from the water, officials said.

Although the chances that I would get hit by any type of flying fish are slim to none as I am fairly convinced that there are few creatures still alive in that lake. Chances are I am more likely to get hit with a flying piece of poop or something equally disgusting. Who wants to go swimming?

No comments: