Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The latest debate

According to details from a Reuters story, Antoine Yates was keeping a 10-foot tiger and a 6-foot alligator as pets in his New York apartment. This was discovered after an anonymous tip led the police to find Yates in his apartment screaming from the pain of a leg wound that exposed the bone. The genius then claimed that he was bitten by pit bull because CLEARLY a wound from a 10-foot tiger looks somewhat like that from a pit bull. Good cover there, buddy. I am glad your 450-pound tiger mulled you. So anyway, he was suing the city for searching his apartment without a warrent to confiscate the wild animals he was keeping as a pet. Clearly, a violation of constitutional rights. Although, shouldn't I be able to live in the comfort of knowing that my crackhead neighbor is not raising deadly animals? I do feel comforted in knowing that no matter what kind of stupid, idiotic thing I do, there will always be a lawyer willing to take my case.

Here is the important question I pose to the two people who actually look at this blog: if the tiger and the alligator got in a fight, who would win? We had this very discussion at work today. I mean, the tiger has size and strength, but the alligator has speed and a generally pissed off disposition. It's a toss up.

Can't believe someone would want an alligator for a pet. You can't spoon with an alligator like you can a tiger. Well, until the tiger eats your face.

No comments: